Behaviour for Learning
Sir Jonathan North Girls' College is a learning community committed to providing high quality education. In order to achieve this, all students and staff have the right to work in a safe, calm, orderly and positive environment, conducive to effective learning for all.
We have very high expectations of the behaviour of students, both in lessons and around College. We want to ensure that students are not disturbed in lessons by the poor behaviour of others. We want to support all staff to be consistent when challenging poor behaviour.
Our College Values:
Based on these core values as a college we expect the following behaviours from our students:
It is expected that parents/carers will:
- Ensure their child is in the correct uniform/college dress.
- Ensure their child has a school bag and the correct equipment they require.
- Encourage full attendance by avoiding holidays in term time and arranging routine medical and dental appointments outside of the college day.
- Inform the college as soon as possible if their child cannot attend college because of illness.
- Ensure that their child arrives punctually to the college.
- Ensure that their child completes homework by checking Beehive.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and other discussions about their child’s progress
- Support the College Behaviour Policy