We recognise it is important to listen to your daughter’s views about every aspect of her experience at Sir Jonathan North. There is a range of opportunities for your daughter to contribute to this discussion.
- Sir Jonathan North has an active and enthusiastic Student Council. Each tutor group has an elected representative, who attends a full Student Council meeting every half term. The meeting is an opportunity for the representative to share any issues or concerns from her tutor group. The meetings are run by four Year 10 Student Council Executives. After every Student Council meeting, the executives meet with the Principal to pass on any concerns and resolve any issues.
- The Student Council is also involved in fundraising and raises thousands of pounds every year for charities chosen by the student body.
Student Questionnaire and Forums
- Students are invited to give their views about their learning by curriculum and year teams. In addition, they complete questionnaires after special events.
- All students complete the Pupils’ Attitude to Self and School Survey (PASS) in October.
- Each term a selection of students will meet with the Principal and Vice Principal to discuss their progress and experiences at Sir Jonathan North.