At Sir Jonathan North we are passionate about ensuring our Pupil Premium students have the resources and opportunities in order to excel, regardless of their socio-economic background.
Our staff work closely with our students and families to overcome any learning barriers to ensure academic and personal success.
Eligible students include those who:
- are currently claiming Free School Meals (FSM)
- have claimed school meals in the last six years (Ever 6)
- are ‘In Service’ by having parents who have served in the armed forces within the last 4 years
- are Looked After Children (LAC)
The funding is allocated to a range of strategies identified by the school to improve outcomes for Pupil Premium students. Some examples of Pupil Premium allocation are:
- High quality teaching for all
- A Chromebook
- Providing the support of academic mentors
- Setting up a staffed homework club
- Planned interventions after school, including MyTutor
- Purchasing academic materials and resources
- Widening participation visits
- Brilliant Club
Sir Jonathan North will also be allocating each Pupil Premium eligible student £100 of funding to use towards educational resources and activities. If you are a parent of a Pupil Premium student you can click here to view a copy of the letter sent to you.
Supporting students in receipt of the Pupil Premium is an essential thread that runs through everything we do at Sir Jonathan North. While all members of staff contribute as part of their role this, we also have an allocated Pupil Premium mentor. You can contact Lorna White with any Pupil Premium related questions or queries via email or telephone.
Tel: 0116 270 8116. Ext: 3728
Miss Liz Young (Assistant Principal and PP Lead)
Mrs Lorna White (PP Mentor)
|Pupil Premium Strategy||2023-24|